What if I am a secondary teacher, can I do my induction year in a primary school?
Newly Qualified Teachers can do their induction year in any age group or subject.
It is not heavily recommended though, the point of the induction year is to bridge the gap between being newly and fully qualified teacher.
Use it to your advantage and do your induction year in a subject and age range you know and are experienced in otherwise you may not be able to meet the core standards. You only get once chance to pass your induction.
- What is the NQT induction year?
- How can an NQT calculate their induction year?
- What types of education establishments can an NQT do their induction year?
- Can an NQT do their induction year in an age range or subject they didn't train in?
- Can an NQT do their induction year through a supply teaching agency?
Unanswered question? Get in touchTweet this!