A newly qualified teacher can start their induction year at any of the below education workplaces, as long as they can satisfactorily provide a programme for NQTs to meet all the induction standards.
- Maintained schools
- Special schools
- Further Education such as colleges
- Sixth form colleges
- Nursery Schools and nurseries that form part of a school.
- Independent schools
- Schools in Wales
- Pupil Referral Units (from September 2012)
- British schools abroad (from september 2012)
Training or tuition centres and any schools in special meassures will be unable to offer you a place to do your induction year as they will not be able to provide a suitable programme that meet the NQT induction standards.
- What is the NQT induction year?
- How do NQTs calculate the induction year?
- Do all newly qualified teachers have to do an induction year?
- How long can an NQT do supply teaching for
- Can I do my induction year through a supply teaching agency?
Unanswered question? Get in touch